- Warm Up #6 – U.S./Rome Government Comparison
- Julius Caesar Reading/Discussion
- Beginning of the Roman Empire Flow Chart
- HOMEWORK: Finish flow chart; CIVILIZATION PROJECTS due on Monday:
Visual must be CREATIVE and NEAT and include:
- Capital city
- Geographical features; at least 5 (mountains, lakes, rivers, canyons, plateaus, forests, etc.)
- Infrastructure (roads, bridges, etc.)
- Dwellings for your residents (houses, etc.)
- Public areas (agricultural fields, places of worship, government buildings, schools, etc.)
Written Part must by typed, double-spaced, 12 point font, error free and include:
- Introductory Paragraph – explaining background/purpose of civilization
- Paragraph for Advanced Technical Skills
- Paragraph for Specialization of Labor
- Paragraph for Written Language
- Paragraph for Cities and Government
- Paragraph for Calendar
- Debate #3
- Norm Violation Sharing
- Warm-Up #5: Summarize the Legend of the Founding of Rome
- Review Roman Map and Questions
- PPT Notes: Roman Republic
- From Rome to Washington DC Chart
- HOMEWORK: Complete Rome/Washington Chart; IS YOUR PROJECT COMPLETE??? Check the rubric and make sure to get full credit!
- Vocab Quiz #4
- Groups: Lifeboat Activity/Discussion
- Lifeboat Activity Reflection Questions
- HOMEWORK: Norm Violation Due tomorrow; Debate #3 Tomorrow
- Western Civlization/Ancient Greece Review Game
- Reading: Legend of Romulus and Remus
- Rome Map and Questions (color)
- HOMEWORK: Finish Rome Map/Questions; Work on Projects!! Be prepared to present them and answer questions on Monday!
- Video Clip/Discussion: The Gods Must Be Crazy
- PPT: Cultural Concern – Globalization
- REMINDERS: Vocab Quiz (#53-80) on THURS; Norm Violation due on FRI; Debate #3 on FRI
- Warm-Up #4 – Greek Philosophers
- PPT Notes: Alexander the Great
- Western Civilization Review with partner
- HOMEWORK: Complete Western Civilization Review if you didn’t finish it in class
- REMINDER: Civilization Projects are due 10/1! Your group will be presenting them to the class – Everyone should be prepared!
- PPT Notes: Cultural Concern – Societies/Folk v. Pop Culture
- Globalization Questions with Partners/DiscussioTn
- REMINDER: Vocab Qz#4 (#53-80) on Thurs; Norm Violation Due Fri; Debate # 3 on Friday
- New Seating Chart
- Review Persian Wars
- PPT: The Golden Age of Athens
- Are you golden?
- HOMEWORK: Philosopher Heads
- REMINDER: Civilization Projects are due ONE WEEK FROM TODAY!!! (10/1)
- Finish Devil’s Playground – Discussion and Questions due
- REMINDER: Vocab Quiz #4 (#53-80) on Thursday; NormViolation due on Friday!
- Persian Wars – Storyboard or Journal Writing Assignment
- Fill out Greek Wars Chart
- Students see grades for 6wk progress report
- REMINDER: Civilization project is due Oct 1st!!!!
- Vocab Quiz #3
- Share/Turn in American Values Bumper Stickers
- Norm Violation Approval
- Begin Documentary: Devil’s Plaground
- Warm Up #3 – Sparta/Athens/Both
- Collect Historical Heads
- Greek City States Visual – Unity and Division
- Story of the Trojan War (modern twist)
- Pass Back Tests/Review Short Answer Expectations and Recovery Policy
- REMINDER: Civilizaiton Project due Oct 1st!
- Images: Ethnocentric Reactions
- PPT: Culture Parts 3 & 4 – Cultural Diversity
- HOMEWORK: Finish American Value Bumper Sticker and Study for Vocab Quiz #3 (#33-55)
- REMINDER: You must get your Norm Violations approved by me by tomorrow!
- PPT: Rival City States – Sparta v. Athens (to review chart)
- Horrible History Clips: Ancient Greek Wife Swap; Spartan Parent Conference
- Plays: Growing up Athens/Sparta
- HOMEWORK: Athens/Sparta Historical Head Assignment – due tomorrow (don’t forget to color it, number it, and explain symbols)
- REMINDER: Civilization Project Due Oct 1st!
- Nacirema Discussion
- Groups: American Values Brainstorm
- PPT: American Values Images
- American Value Bumper Sticker
- HOMEWORK: Complete Bumper Sticker (due Fri)
- REMINDER: Get your norm violation approved by me by this Friday. Vocab Quiz on Friday (#33-53)
- Warm Up#2 – Ancient Greece Map Locations
- Finish Early Aegean Civilization (Gov’t notes)
- Sparta/Athens Chart
- HOMEWORK: Complete chart if you didn’t finish it in class; Don’t forget to be working on your projects…due Oct 1st!
- Discuss Test Corrections
- PPT: Culture Part 2 – Components of Culture
- Introduce Norm Violation Assignment (due Fri 9/28)
- HOMEWORK: Nacirema Reading/Questions
- Constitution Day – Preamble
- Review Ancient Greece Map and Questions
- PPT: Early Aegean Civilization
- Types of Gov’t Activity: What Type of Candy do you Want?
- Reminder: Civlization Project due October 1st!
- MHS Yearbook Decades Discussion – Turn in
- PPT: Meaning of Culture – Part 1
- Culture Graphic Organizer
- Pass Back Unit 1 Tests